In lieu of an actual article on coping with past lives (which is refusing to be written), and as I’m tired of beating my head against a brick wall of writer’s block, I thought I’d post some links to relevant resources.
Otherkin, Multiples, and Past Lives
- ViolinGoddess wrote about traumatic past-life memories on Otherkin.Net.
- Kinhost.Org’s Otherkin FAQ briefly touches on painful memories and past life trauma, and ways to deal with some of the difficult memories.
- Kinhost.Org also mentions past-life aspecting, discusses past-life splits, and defines a past-life split as a form of split multiplicity.
- Forest at Kinhost.Org covers personal experience with past life trauma and past-life splits in some detail, along with methods that have worked for them.
Trauma and Past Lives, not otherkin-specific
- Past Life Therapy, Trauma Release and the Body, by Roger J. Woolger, is an interesting, if densely written, article.
- Dangers of Past Life Regression goes into a bit more depth about some of the potential negative side effects of digging into past lives. I unfortunately can’t find an author listed for this article.
- Debriefing a Past Life Memory is written for therapists doing past-life regressions, but the material may also be useful for the individual dealing with past-life memories.
- She’s Afraid of Her Past Life Memories is a somewhat fate-oriented “everything happens for a reason” approach to dealing with intrusive traumatic past life memories, but some people may find the advice useful.
Intrusive Memories and Dealing with Trauma, geared towards present-life trauma
- The Persistence of Memory discusses one of the seven sins of memory, persistence, when a memory is intrusive (such as with flashbacks).
- Flashback Management, specific to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, but people dealing with intrusive past-life memories may find some of the techniques useful.
- Coping with Flashbacks. I personally find the grounding techniques (engaging the senses) to be particularly effective.