Last month, I posed a challenge to write about the experience of being otherkin. This garnered some truly excellent responses. I wanted to share what I found scattered across the Internet.
- Kearil of Clan Nautilus wrote a fascinating account of being alfar at the White Ribbon blog.
- Gesigewigu’s posted This is Rakshasa on other_writings.
- Fellborn Mage posted Dictations: Reflections on False Law, True Law, and Humanity on FellBornMage.
- You’ve probably already seen Asrith’s Balancing the Trinity Within and my Cinnamon and Myrrh here on Beyond Awakening.
- Going back to the previous challenge of Exploring the Mythic, be sure to read Akhila’s post, The Ghostly Cat. It’s lengthy, but entirely worth it.
I also poured through Orion Sandstorrm’s recently released Directory of Otherkin Writings and Other Works to find any other experiential pieces. Many of these are by animal-folk, but they’re all fascinating to read. Here are a decent handful:
- Territoriality in Therians, by Keller – on territoriality, animality, and felinity.
- Midnight Sand: Essay on Horse, by Sonne Windsoul – describing and analyzing how horse manifests in each aspect of the writer’s life and self and being.
- A Rant on “Elfness”, by Wynde’nai – what elf is, what elf isn’t, and how elfness sometimes manifests.
- I Live in Fear, by Quil – animality and fear and survival.
- On Wings of a Living Past, by Sonne Windsoul – on theropod and being extinct.
- Earwig, by Earwig – how earwig manifests in behavior and the experience of being such an insect.
I’m still terribly interested in reading more experiential writings from otherkin! I think it’s a topic that’s rather lacking in material overall, but always fascinating to read.